Saturday, June 11, 2011

Twas the night before...

I sit here in anticipation.  I just found out a couple hours ago who my client is and which station of river I will be guiding him on.  I have no idea what to expect.  Butterflies are in flight within.  Not quite able to sleep yet.  Going over in my head everything needed for tomorrow.  Flies?  Check.  Tippet?  Check.  Nerves?  Check.



Which flies will I begin with?  What will the river look like?  Which holes will produce?  I heard my guest is a beginner that has fly fished once... a week ago.  How bad will he be?  How many snags and knots will I be unraveling?  What if I can't get him to catch fish?



As I sit here, trying to predict what tomorrow will bring, it gets me excited.  It gets me excited because now my summer of guiding has finally begun.  I came out here to guide people into fish and tomorrow is judgement day.  The pressure is on.  I get to see what I'm made of.  I finally get to put my knowledge, patience, skills and character to the test.

And I say bring it on.

  

1 comment: