Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jitters

It is about a week away from my departure to New Zealand.  Anxiety is at an all time high.  I know deep down that I am excited, but my nerves and the overwhelming feelings occasionally mask my excitement.  I have all of my gear in organized chaos in the corner of my room.  In the next couple of days I hope to have all of my bags packed so I can leisurely get myself out the door and gone.

It is a strange feeling knowing that I will be abroad for 4 plus months doing nothing but traveling, sight seeing and most importantly, fishing.  I have never in my life had this opportunity nor will I ever get it again.  I am privileged to be able to just drop everything and go and I do look forward to taking full advantage of it.  It's times like these that you truly feel blessed in life.  And I'm sure I'll feel even more blessed hoisting a 15 pound brown in a river somewhere down under.

I look forward to being able to share my experiences with everyone.  I'm hoping for luscious scenery, luscious rivers and luscious wi fi.  Until next time.

2 comments: